This position provides total on-site oversight and pre-event planning, preparation and implementation to ensure the production of an exceptional and operationally excellent event from a ministerial, production and customer experience standpoint. This position travels to most ATF Events and delivers on weekly process improvements that are event related. This position is responsible for overseeing the entire road staff including the Production Team, contract staff, Ministry Team, and drivers. This position works collaboratively with the other ATF senior staff and key internal and external steak-holders in planning, preparing, delivering the ministry of Acquire the Fire and is directly accountable to the Executive Director of Acquire the Fire.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves and a member of ATF senior staff and chief advisor to Executive Director in matters relating to field operations.
- Provide strategic oversight and high-level execution of all aspects of event operations, logistics and on-site finance.
- Ensure that best practices and process improvements are actioned within area of responsibly and follow up with director.
- Manage expenses as it relates to given area of responsibility working closely with Executive Director and Operations Manager to keep within budget targets including any and all budget revisions.
- Drives all on site process including min x min, VIP, artists, vendors etc… and the planning of the same.
- Manage/Oversee the procurement, maintenance and usage of all owned and rented gear acting as chief steward of ministry resources on the road
- Works with the other senior staff for the planning and delivery of pre-production, post-production and tour.
- Manage and Validate the Production KRA (both onsite and venue-pre Reporting)
- Executes Production KRA’s specifically Ministry Ready Reports, and action items from Exec Directors AAR’s
- Manages ATF equipment, vehicles, equipment warehouse etc…
- Delivers briefing to Executive Director each week through weekly written reports and one on one meeting weekly meeting.
- Briefs staff at weekly staff/CSA meeting and at each senior staff (ATF Lead Team) meeting
- Delivers written weekly report to Executive Director
- Researches best practices and new production technology
- Active participant in ATF Strategy Summits, off-sites, and ATF How High Is Up Meetings
- Provides regular coaching and feedback to his/her direct reports including succession planning.
- Plans and helps to execute pre, post and on-tour training to crew at all levels
- Partners with Executive Director on Succession Planning, recruitment and retention of all Road/Contract Staff and Ministry Teams
- Ability to lead with vision/Strong Spiritual Character. Ability to model ministry and department values while concurrently delivering on our commitment to uncompromised quality and excellence in ministry.
- Manages all on-site event logistics as it relates to production, convention services, reporting and personnel.
- Responsible for the high-level execution of venue preparation reports for all areas of production and event logistics.
- Management of partnership contracts. Experience in contract negotiations.
- Professional excellence – Functional knowledge of production of large scale events (including scheduling & min x min)
- Basic Sound Engineering with knowledge of BOTH digital and analog consoles. Familiar with use and application of effects processors, both Digital and Analog types, including but not limited to compressors, limiters, gates, reverbs, delays, enhancers and recorders preferred. Troubleshooting with Arena-level speakers, in-ear monitors and cabling.
- Basic Live Video Engineering with a working knowledge of multi-node networking and various playback systems including PVP with possible DMX via PVP for future applications is preferred. Ability to troubleshoot across various video applications in a live-event, multi-camera environment.
- Lighting systems. Working knowledge of console programming on an X lighting console or better with the ability to evoke the appropriate mood through management of lighting cues for all components of the event including worship, concerts change overs etc… Installation, rig-design experience for maximum versatility is an asset
- Rigging and stage design experience is an asset. Rigging Certification (ETCP Certification) an asset but not required.
- Consistent delivery of event/product within established baseline budget targets
- Ability to hold information as confidential /keeps proprietary info/maintains confidences
- Ability to multi-task while taking appropriate measures to manage numerous projects/individuals simultaneously.
- Critical and strategic thinking, trend analysis, process improvement/change management – Creates creative and breakthrough plans
- Equally skilled at managing/developing stronger performers and those in need of development; is available, provides direction and coaching as needed.